Widget invents the Happy Hopper 3000 but it doesn't work, no matter how hard she tries to fix it. Widget gets the blooey blues, giving up on her machine and going to lie in bed. Wubbzy and Walden try to cheer her up by telling the best jokes, doing silly dances, and pretending to be clowns, but it doesn't work. Wubbzy and Walden decide to try and fix the Happy Hopper. Wubbzy realises that the Happy Hopper 3000 didn't work because the batteries fell out, but he puts them back in before making sure the machine was turned off. The Happy Hopper 3000 starts going and Wubbzy is stuck on top of it with no way to turn it off. Walden gets Widget out of bed by telling her that Wubbzy's in trouble, and together they save Wubbzy from the rampaging robot. This cures Widget's blooey blues.
The song, "Be Happy", is played.
Name in other languages
- German: Wahre Freunde
- Spanish (Spain): Widget coge la tristeza azul
- Portuguese (Portugal): A tristite da Ticha
- On DirecTV and other cable systems, it is stated that this episode is broadcasted before "Escape From Dino Island", though on television, this episode is shown after Escape From Dino Island.
- This episode recycles and mirrors the scene with the news reporter from "Wubbzy Tells a Whopper".
- This is the last episode to air in 2006.
- This is the only episode to feature a sitcom-style laugh track. It is present as Wubbzy and Walden tell jokes and pretend to be clowns to try to cheer Widget up.
- It is rare to find animated media produced post-1981 with canned laughter. This episode of the show, as well as the 1996 Cartoon Network series Dexter's Laboratory and its Justice Friends segments, are a few of the handful of media that use this.